Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Heart of Life

There are so many things going through my mind today, so this post is probably going to be super all over the place.

-To start off my rambling, it's January 25th, 2011. Holy freak.. when did this happen!? I remember the beginning of 2010 thinking that it was so crazy that we were in a year where you could say "Twenty ten" instead of having to say "two thousand and nine", and I'm pretty sure that was just 2 seconds ago.. Welp, wrong on that one! THAT WAS A WHOLE FREAKING YEAR AGO! This past year, I fear, went by WAYYYYYYY to fast. Probably had thee best summer I've ever had in my life, got super close with my roommates, whom I love so much, passed the year mark with my job (that has never ever ever happened before), went to Mexico for the third time, and many many more things. I feel so much older than I am. Because of Carly and Holly, I think I'm 22.. I'm not. I'm still 20. And I'm still half a year away from even being 21. I'm young.

-January 25th has another significance. In exactly one month, Elder Jonathan Kaleo O' Kalani Kamae will have faithfully finished his 2 year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It's weird to think that on August 16, 2007, Jonathan and I officially started our relationship as a couple, and with just a few hard times and a couple silly break-ups in the process, stayed best friends / boyfriend-girlfriend for a year and a half. And then all of a sudden, he's gone. No face-to-face conversations, no hanging out, no telephone calls.. Only emails and letters for 23 months. And in 31 days, it goes back to how it was 23 months ago. I know that the both of us have changed in so many ways, and it's impossible to know if things will work out between us in the end, and it's probably going to be one of the top 5 awkward moments in our relationship when he comes home, and the 894.58 miles that will be between us while he's at home are going to be quite inconvenient.. I'm getting my best friend back. Sure, I have other super good friends, but he is thee one person that I can tell everything to. Anything and everything. And I won't have to ask questions and have them go forgotten because they're in the middle of a rambling letter that he didn't have time to respond to. We're going to have double-sided conversations again. And for the first week, I won't have to look at pictures to see his face. I won't have to listen to a recording to remember the way he talks. I'm getting my best friend back (:

-The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is thee most amazing church on this earth. I know for a fact that without it, every single thing in my life would be completely different, and I'm going to assume that it wouldn't be a "good" different either. Joseph Smith did one of the most miraculous things, second to my Savior, to sacrifice all the he had to bring this church back to the earth so that we could all benefit from it. I can't even imagine how much faith and courage that must have taken, but I do know how much faith I have in him and how much I love him for doing it. For some reason I have a hard time expressing my love for the gospel, but just know that it is the number one thing in my life, and I am never going to change that.

-My Ethics & Values class got canceled today (: What a wonderful surprise that little piece of paper outside of the door was!

-I get to go help out in a 2nd grade class tomorrow from 9-11ish (: And then I have until 4:00 to do whatever I want, because I don't have to work!!

-I love sweats and slippers. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before on this blog, but if I had to wear one outfit for the rest of my life, it would definitely include sweats and slippers. I really don't think there's anything better. Also, I often wish I could wear guy pants and not look like a lesbian. That would probably also be super comfortable. But this world is just so stupidly judgemental. And, not going to lie, I'd probably convince myself I was a lesbian, and that would be super awkward and terrible.. So, no man pants. Unless it's just around the house, when I have a man to steal pants from (:

-I'm listening to John Mayer's Live in LA cd, with the christmas lights on in my room, and it is absolutely magical (:

I think that's all for now. Basically, I'm just really happy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment